We bought a couple of these remotes for our 2013 Ford Taurus. They came with programming instructions but after many frustrating attempts nthe procedure provided didn’t work. Apparently Ford changed the programming procedure in 2013 through at least 2016.
Here is the correct step by step guide:
- With NO key in the ignition, open the driver’s door and leave it open.
- Press the UNLOCK button on the driver’s door.
- Insert your key and turn it from OFF to ON EIGHT times very quickly, on the 8th time leave it in ON
- You should here the door locks cycle lock and unlocked. This is critical. If you don’t hear the locks you are not in program mode.
- Once you hear the locks cycle press any key on each remote you want to program (including your original one).
- Turn the key off.
- Test all the remotes you just programmed and they should all work.
- Steps 1 & 2 are missing from most instructions provided with the remotes or available on line so pay close attention to that.